Current Issue of GO SEMI & BEYOND
A Smarter SmarTest: ATE Software for the Next Generation of Electronics
The complexity of the ICs being designed into consumer and communications devices continues to increase. The 10-nanometer (nm) node is here, and some chipmakers are already beginning to turn out 7-nm devices. With smaller transistors that pack more and more functionality on a single chip, the complexity of test programs is increasing apace with that of the ICs themselves.
Storage Evolution Driving Growth of System-Level Test
Thanks in large part to the booming mobile market, global demand for storage capacity continues unabated. Gartner indicates that solid-state drive (SSD) shipments are on pace to top 370 million units by 2020, while Research & Markets forecasts that the client SSD market alone will grow at a compound annual rate (CAGR) of 36 percent between 2017 and 2021. With this growth comes an increased drive for performance, requiring implementation of new/updated storage protocols.
5G Lessons Learned from Automotive Radar Test
Situated between microwave and infrared waves, the millimeter-wave spectrum is the band of spectrum between 30 gigahertz (GHz) and 300GHz. It is used for high-speed wireless communications and is widely considered as the means to bring 5G into the future by allocating more bandwidth to deliver faster, higher-quality video, and multimedia content and services. Automotive radar is the entry point into millimeter wave for testing purposes.
Advantest Shines at SEMICON West 2017
The annual SEMICON West show, held July 11-13, 2017, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, proved once again to be a great venue for interacting with customers, press and analysts, as well as promoting Advantest’s extensive product portfolio.
Advantest to Debut New Solid-State-Drive Testers and Present Technical Papers at Flash Memory Summit, August 8-10 in Santa Clara, California
Advantest Corporation will showcase the latest additions to its MPT3000 series of solid-state drive (SSD) test solutions and present two technical papers at this year’s Flash Memory Summit on August 8-10 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Advantest is an emerald sponsor of the 2017 Summit.
Five Key Success Factors for Automotive Device Test
The number of automotive-related semiconductor devices being designed into vehicles has been growing rapidly due to increased requirements associated with safety, in-vehicle entertainment, and advanced driver assistance systems. As ADAS content advances, we move closer to autonomous vehicle driving, which will require even more devices.
SPOTLIGHT ON MEMORY TECHNOLOGY
Interview with Jin Yokoyama
Advantest recently announced the T5822, the latest addition to its highly successful T5800 series of memory testers. In this issue’s Q&A, Jin Yokoyama, Functional Manager of Memory Test, talks about the new tester, which performs wafer-level test of DRAMs, NAND flash devices, and other non-volatile memories (NVMs).
- Advantest Earns Coveted Five-Star Ranking on Annual VLSIresearch Customer Satisfaction Survey and Makes Industry’s 10 BEST List for 29th Consecutive Year
- Advantest Ships 5,000th V93000 System to Address the Diverse Needs of Testing Mixed-Signal ICs
- Advantest Introduces Wave Scale MX Channel Card to Meet Testing Requirements for High-Resolution Converters, Consumer Audio ICs and IoT Devices
- High-Precision, Non-Invasive 3D Imaging of Vascular Networks in the Dermis: Advantest Delivers 3D Imaging with Photoacoustic + Ultrasound
- Advantest Introduces New T5822 System for Cost-Efficient, Wafer-Level Testing of Mixed Semiconductor Memories
- Advantest’s New Massively Parallel Test Fixture Extends the T6391 System’s Capabilities to Include Chip-on-Film Testing of Display Driver ICs
- Advantest Extends its Solid-State-Drive Test Solutions with Enhancements to MPT3000 Platform
Please plan to visit or join Advantest at these upcoming events:
FLASH MEMORY SUMMIT
August 8-10, Santa Clara, CA
INTERNATIONAL TEST CONFERENCE
October 31-November 2, Fort Worth, TX
November 5-9, Pasadena, CA
GSA ASIA PACIFIC EXEC FORUM
November 8, Taipei, Taiwan
November 12-15, San Diego, CA
November 14-17, Munich, Germany
GSA AWARDS DINNER
December 7, Santa Clara, CA
December 13-15, Tokyo, Japan
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Do you have questions, comments or feedback about GO SEMI & BEYOND? Let us know!