Parallelism Reduces Cost of Test for IoT, 4G, 5G, and Beyond
The proliferation of the Internet of Things and the move from 4G to 5G is bringing about pressing test problems. The challenges will increase as billions of IoT devices incorporate GPS, Bluetooth, WLAN, NB-IoT, LTE-A, LTE-M, and other connectivity technologies and as smartphones begin connecting with 5G networks.
Adaptable, Modular Platforms are Key to Future-Focused Test
The electronics industry evolves continually, introducing potentially disruptive technologies and driving new applications at a pace that requires companies to respond quickly and nimbly. Being able to recognize trends early on and provide solutions that can adapt to meet emerging demands is key to remaining competitive.
This month’s GO POLL wants to know what you view as the greatest benefit that AI promises.
Share your thoughts by taking the GO POLL.
Have an idea for future polls? Email email@example.com
SPOTLIGHT ON BUSINESS
Q&A with Ira Leventhal, VP New Concept Product Initiative — How the Latest Deep Learning Advancements Will Fuel the Next Semiconductor Industry Revolution
This issue, we delve into a subject of growing interest in the test world and beyond: artificial intelligence. Our Q&A interviewee is Ira Leventhal, Vice President of Advantest America’s New Concept Product Initiative, a position he has held since June 2017. Ira has over 25 years of ATE industry experience, with Hewlett-Packard, Agilent Technologies, Verigy, and Advantest.
The Duality of Machine Learning
The term “binary,” with which we in the semiconductor industry are quite familiar, refers to more than the 1s and 0s found in binary code. It implies a balance, a duality that is present throughout the industry. This duality is found in our human makeup, as well. We use both intellect and feeling in living our lives, as we identify challenges and determine solutions.
In Vivo Skin Imaging Technology Developed to Aid in Early Diagnosis
Advantest has developed a non-invasive method to achieve real-time 3D imaging of the vascular network and blood condition (oxygen saturation) of the living body, using a photoacoustic method to detect ultrasonic waves generated by laser irradiation. This method may be used for early diagnosis and monitoring of physical functions related to beauty and health.
New Solution for System-Level Testing of Advanced, High-Speed Semiconductor Memories for Mobile Applications
Advantest unveiled its new T5851 STM16G memory tester for evaluating high-speed protocol NAND flash memories including UFS3.0 universal flash storage and PCIe Gen 4 NVMe solid-state drives (SSD), both of which are expected to be in high demand for the LTE 5G communications market.
High-Resolution Audio Requires Advanced Measurement Capabilities
Smartphones supporting High-Resolution (Hi-Res) Audio are growing more widely available, enabling consumers to experience high sound quality when streaming music, movies or other content. To accommodate High-Res Audio, these devices integrate an increased number of power management ICs (PMICs) equipped with digital-to-analog converters (DAC), which require high dynamic range testing with 24-bit resolution.
VOICE 2019 Discounted Registration Available Through March 8
The Advantest VOICE 2019 Developer Conference will be held in two new locations – Scottsdale, Arizona on May 14-15 and Singapore on May 23 – under the unifying theme “Measure the Connected World and Everything in It ℠”. Online registration opens soon with a 20-percent discount offered for the Scottsdale event through March 8. As in past years, the focus of VOICE will continue to be the learning and networking opportunities offered through technical sessions, kiosk showcases, keynote speeches, the partners’ exposition and social events.
Advantest to Exhibit Wide Range of Semiconductor Test Solutions Enabling 5G Connectivity at SEMICON Japan
Advantest Corporation will feature more than a dozen of its advanced test solutions that enable 5G connectivity for such diverse applications as mobile electronics, medical devices, automotive systems, retail business and big data at SEMICON Japan 2018 on December 12-14 at Tokyo Big Sight.
- Advantest Announces E3650 MVM-SEM for Photomasks 2X Measurement Throughput Compared with Previous Model
- Advantest Introduces New Solution for System-Level Testing of Advanced, High-Speed Semiconductor Memories for Mobile Applications
- Advantest to acquire Semiconductor System Level Test Business from Astronics Corporation
- Advantest Introduces New Module, Extending EVA100 Measurement System’s Capabilities to Include High-Voltage Semiconductors
- Advantest Develops STT-MRAM Switching Current Measurement for Memory Test Systems
- Presentation Material “2nd Quarter Fiscal 2018 Consolidated Financial Results” updated
- Advantest and TSSI Announce New, Robust Pattern Conversion Software for Cloud-Based Semiconductor Testing
- Advantest Extends V93000 Platform’s Capabilities to Include Parametric Testing for Developing and Manufacturing Next-Generation ICs
- Advantest Introduces Two New Systems in its B6700 Series of Memory Burn-In Testers for NAND Flash Memories
- Advantest Participated in International Test Conference 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona, October 28 to November 2
- In Vivo Skin Imaging Technology Developed Simultaneous Dual-Wavelength Photoacoustic & Ultrasound Images
- Advantest Launches Newest Memory Burn-In Tester to Meet Growing Global Demand for NAND Flash and DRAM Devices
- Advantest Issues Call for Papers for VOICE 2019 Developer Conference with Sessions in the U.S. and Singapore
- Advantest Installs 3,000th V93000 Smart Scale Tester for Use by Long-Time Customer AMD
Please plan to visit or join Advantest at these upcoming events:
Tokyo, Japan, December 12-14
Mobile World Congress
Barcelona, Spain, February 25-28, 2019
Shanghai, China, March 20-22, 2019