December 2019 Issue
Semiconductor Test – Toward a Data-Driven Future
Integrating new and emerging technologies into Advantest’s offerings is vital to ensuring we are on top of future requirements so that we are continually expanding the value we provide to our customers. Industry 4.0 is changing the way we live and work, as well as how we interact with each other and our environment.
High-Speed I/O Testing with the Power of Two
As the internet backbone speed continues to spiral upwards, the interface speeds to the devices making up the cloud also continue to scale up. As many of these interface, server and artificial intelligence (AI) devices move both to 112Gbps data rates and multi-chip heterogeneous integrations, the industry is facing an increased need for at-speed testing in order to confirm truly known-good devices (KGDs).
What area do you think will have the biggest impact on the semiconductor industry in 2020?
Share your thoughts by taking the GO POLL.
Have an idea for future polls? Email email@example.com
SPOTLIGHT ON BUSINESS
Q&A Interview with Scott West – Expanding SSD Test Capabilities for Extreme Temperatures
Advantest has found great success with its test solutions aimed at the solid-state drive (SSD) market. In this issue of GO SEMI & Beyond, Scott West, Product Marketing Manager for System-Level Test, provides some background on how the company began to address this market, and shares details on its latest SSD offering, the MPT3000ARC, for validation testing to accommodate extreme thermal standards.
Advantest’s New Modules and Test Head Extend the T2000 Platform’s Performance in Evaluating Automotive SoC Dev
Advantest Corporation has expanded the range of its T2000 platform with the launch of two new modules and a test head designed specifically for high-volume testing of devices used in automotive applications. The new equipment is designed to enhance test coverage, enable higher parallelism and reduce the cost of test for system-on-chip (SoC) devices used in automobiles, a market segment that is projected to have a 9.6 percent compound annual growth rate from 2019 to 2022.
Advantest Opens VOICE 2020 Registration and Announces Keynote Speaker for Scottsdale Event
The Advantest VOICE 2020 Developer Conference will return to two popular locations – Scottsdale, Arizona on May 12-13 and Shanghai, China on May 22 – with the tagline “Your Voice. Your Vision. Our Value.” The learning and networking opportunities offered at VOICE through technical sessions, kiosk showcases, keynote speeches, partners’ expositions and social events will expand in 2020 to include a follow-up day of workshops on May 14 in Scottsdale.
Evaluating a spring probe card solution for 5G WLCSP
With the deployment of the wireless 5G standard and its support for mmWave frequencies that allow gigabits-per-second data rates on the consumer market, the semiconductor industry needs reliable and low-cost test solutions. The 5G standard allows mmWave range frequencies from 24GHz to 28GHz—to frequencies as high as 44GHz, and possibly even higher.
- Advantest to Feature Latest Test Solutions for 5G, Automotive and IoT Applications at SEMICON Japan 2019
- Advantest Marks European Debut of V93000 Wave Scale Millimeter Test Solution at SEMICON Europa in Munich, Germany, November 12-15
- VOICE 2020 Call for Papers Deadline Extended to Nov. 11
- Advantest to Sponsor and Participate in 50th International Test Conference in Washington, DC, November 12-14
- Presentation Material “2nd Quarter Fiscal 2019 Consolidated Financial Results” updated
- Advantest Donates to Typhoon Hagibis Recovery Efforts
- Advantest Holds the 3rd Biotope Forum
- Advantest Introduces New Modules and Test Head to Extend T2000 Platform’s Performance in Evaluating Automotive SoC Devices
- Advantest Issues Call for Papers for VOICE 2020 Developer Conference with Sessions in U.S. and China
- Sustainability Report 2019 Now Available
- Advantest to Showcase E-Beam Lithography Solutions at 45th Micro & Nanoengineering (MNE) Show in Rhodes, Greece on September 23-26
- Advantest to Exhibit at Conference on Radiation and its Effects on Components and Systems (RADECS) in Montpellier, France, September 16-20
Seoul, Korea, February 5-7, 2020
Mobile World Congress
Barcelona, Spain, February 24-27, 2020
Grenoble, France, March 9-13, 2020
Shanghai, China, March 18-20, 2020
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 12-14, 2020
VOICE Developer Conference
May 12-13, 2020, Scottsdale, AZ
May 14, 2020, Scottsdale, AZ
May 22, 2020, Shanghai, China
European Test Symposium
May 25-29, 2020, Tallinn, Estonia
July 21-23, 2020, San Francisco, CA
Flash Memory Summit
August 4-6, 2020, Santa Clara, CA
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE…
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to GOSEMI AND BEYOND